20 Questions to Ask During a Patient Screening and Dental Implant Consultation
Making decisions regarding your dental health is very important. Therefore we created some questions that may prove helpful as you meet with other dental providers. Use questions and comments as a guideline while searching the best options for your dental care.
BE INFORMED ABOUT YOUR OPTIONS
An informed patient will make an informed decision. When meeting with other healthcare providers it is important to know what questions to ask when considering replacing missing teeth and caring for your overall health, appearance and well-being. Below is a list that may prove beneficial:
- How many teeth do I need in one jaw for proper chewing and cosmetics?
- How many implants are required to restore an entire jaw?
- Do you routinely use a CT scan to plan implant surgery and if not, why not?
- What complications can occur if I do not have a CT scan?
- Why is it important that the implant surgeon and the restorative dentists be involved with both the planning and placement of the implants?
- What kind of relationship do you have with my referral dentist?
- Do I incur any expense if an implant fails or has to be removed or repositioned?
- How do you know if I need bone grafting?
- How many surgeries will I have to have before I get my full jaw implant-supported bridge?
- How many different doctors and dental offices will I have to go to in order to plan and complete my case fully? How long will it all take?
- Will I have any temporary teeth to replace any teeth that have to be extracted?
- Will my temporary teeth be removable or secure?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of screw-retained versus cemented full jaw implant supported bridges?
- How long will a full jaw implant-supported bridge last? What can cause it to fail?
- What happens if some part of the bridge fractures?
- What is the maintenance schedule for a full jaw bridge?
- How often do I need to have my screw-retained full jaw bridge removed and cleaned?
- How many full jaw implant-supported replacements have you performed?
- How many dental implant cases has your lab done, including All-on-4 cases?
- Can I speak directly to several patients you have treated with full jaw implant-supported bridges?
Day of Treatment
The Singh Dental Implant Center uses every proven technological advance available to provide our patients with the best possible outcome. We have decades of experience, state-of-the-art digital imaging systems, and a fully equipped modern treatment facility providing us the ability to treat each patient with complete diagnostics to deliver the highest standard of treatment available.
Treatment day with TeethToday
The day of your implant placement at the Singh Dental Implant Center has been arranged with your personal schedule and comfort in mind. On the day of your appointment please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This has proven to help patients settle in and release the pre-surgery nervousness. Your personal assistant will make you as comfortable as possible during your visit.
We recommend bringing along a friend or relative on the day of your treatment. Depending on the procedure itself, you may be receiving anesthesia and possibly other medication during the surgery therefore having someone is helpful, especially assisting you home after the treatment.
Our multi-disciplinary approach to implant treatment is unique. Our Board Certified clinicians enable us to provide a more comprehensive treatment planning approach to ensure the best possible esthetic and functional results for each patient. Our doctors are among the most experienced clinicians in the field of implant dentistry.
- Pre Surgery Guidance – Your personalized patient treatment coordinator will provide you with detailed information regarding medication, food, drink, and other preparations that you may need. Please follow their instructions on the day of your treatment.
- Implant & Teeth Placement – Your Board Certified implant surgeon will place your new dental implant(s) and will customize and place your new provisional implant- supported teeth, created especially for you, in our in-house dental laboratory.
- Post Surgery Instructions - Our implant team will also give you complete post-surgery instructions including cleaning and maintenance instructions. In addition, if required, we'll provide you with prescriptions for any medications necessary to reduce the post-surgery discomfort and to help you toward a speedy recovery.
- Follow-Up Visits - We'll arrange follow-up appointments to assure you maintain a beautiful, natural smile for years to come. Having a full set of teeth again is a very rewarding experience and can have a major impact on your lifestyle. We love helping people get back their smiles and confidence!